Saturday, July 18, 2009

Sins of Priests

I have herd many stories about evil priests who have done others wrong. It would always outrage me as a priest. Over time, I started to realize that many times when a person is hurt by a priest, it is usually a misunderstanding or a lack of prudence. However, there are times when a priest really has done wrong. If anybody has been hurt by a priest, I sincerely apologize for the wound given. I would also make an invitation to those who have left the church because of an act by a priest. If a priest sins, or any so called "devout catholic" sins against you, why should you punish yourself by taking yourself away from the love of God? Isn't the sinner supposed to be punished? Then why deny yourself the grace of the sacraments? Is Christ to blame when someone is not Christ like? How often do we not follow the good example of our parents? Jesus knows the pain in your heart. Let Him heal that pain so you can live in peace.

1 comment:

Roger Miller said...

Excellent words Father, and I am sure that they will open someone's eyes.

How are things going at your new parish? All moved in yet?

Hope everything is going well.

God Bless,
Roger Miller