Wednesday, March 10, 2010

We Need God

OK God, I have said my prayers and done all that you asked of me. So why haven't you answered my prayers? There may be times in our life we feel this way. Maybe we become angry at God for not answering our prayers. Maybe we feel abandoned by Him. After all if I do this, I should get that. but when we do this, we start to treat God as an object. He becomes a "candy dispenser" god. I put my money in and push the button, so I should get that. God owes it to me. We forget that God gains nothing from our prayers. What happens, is that we come closer to Him, and that is to our benefit. So even when things seem to be another burden God puts on us, they actually benefit us. In fact, they become a source of our joy. They become a means by which we enter into a relationship with Him. This pulls us out of this worlds darkness and raises us up to the supernatural and infinite love of God. What a joy it is that God invites us all to that love. Praise God!

No comments: