Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why Vote Pro-Life

"What one woman decides does not seem to effect me. It's her business" some may say. Or is it? In fact it effects us more than we think. Since Roe v. Wade (1973) women have had the ability to abort any child for whatever reason. This means that anybody born since that time could have been aborted. Who are these people? They are our sons and daughters, grandsons and granddaughters, nieces and nephews, cousins and friends and yes even our aunts and uncles.They are people in our lives. How many people do you know were born since January of 1973? Take a second to think about it.
It is estimated that about one third of that population has been killed through abortion. One Third! How can we imagine that none of these could have been our sons and daughters, grandsons and granddaughters, nieces and nephews, cousins and friends and yes even our aunts and uncles?
Even if we think we have survived the curse of abortion, we still have to wonder about the spouses of those generations. I have to ask myself about the future spouses of my niece and nephews. God created one for them. Did they get aborted? Are they going to wonder around looking for their soul mate only to find "they [are] no more". (Mt 2:18)
In the end, when my kin sees me after this life, how can I look them in the eye and tell them that I voted for someone because I thought this or that issue was more important? I just can't do it. Moreover; how can I vote for somebody who although may think it is immoral, yet also think it is OK for our sons and daughters, grandsons and granddaughters, nieces and nephews, cousins and friends and yes even our aunts and uncles to be aborted.

No comments: